GATES MILLS PACK WALKS
You know that your dog is your best friend, but does your dog know that you are his or her best friend?
Well, your 4-legged pal will know it by the end of the pack walk!
This group dog walk lead by Trainer Stacy Totten and CVB Huntsman Karen Dickson is filled with fun, easy challenges to help your dog focus on you, regardless of what surprises pop up along the way.
Gates Mills Polo Field
1608 Epping Rd, Gates Mills, Ohio 44040
2022 Dates TBA
A suggested $20.00 donation to benefit the Chagrin Valley Hounds is sincerely appreciated
Questions? Call or text Karen Dickson (440) 897-6707
You may have heard dog lovers talking about "Pack Walks"...taking pet dogs out on a large, group walk. Walking canines together can make them feel unified with other dogs while strengthening their bond and trust with their human handler. It is a fun, social way to promote calmness and owner-focus for pet dogs.
Join professional dog trainer, Stacy Totten, assisted by beagle huntsman, Karen Dickson, and enjoy a structured walk with your best canine buddy that will include some exercises designed to help Fido cope with exciting situations.
All dogs of any size or age are welcome with their human handler. If you have an excitable pooch, we will give you some space and some tips on how to work him through it. If you have an old couch potato, you might see him perk up with interest as he works with you. This is a judgement-free exercise to help you and your dog be a great team together. Everyone is welcome to join the fun, so feel free to tell a dog-loving friend or neighbor to come along!
Just a few “dos and don’ts” to keep things safe and fun!
• Don’t try to walk more than one dog at a time.
• Do use a 4-6’ leather or fabric lead, don’t use a flexi-lead or retractable leash for this exercise.
• Do have your dog wear a red bandanna or scarf if he might be reactive. This will let everyone know that you need more space.
• Don’t let your dog sniff, greet, or play with other dogs. The object is to teach him to focus on you in the face of exciting distractions.
• Do bring a handful of treats to reward your pal for good behavior.
• Do bring some water in the event of hot weather.
• Do bring waste bags to pick up after your pooch
Coffee and juice is provided in the morning and Stacy will answer any additional questions you might have after the walk. Let the dog days of summer begin!
Questions? Call or text Karen Dickson (440) 897-6707.